We’ve helped thousands of people with probating an estate in British Columbia.
We know that this is a difficult time for you and we’re here to help you and your family.
Our capable probate legal team are ready to step in for you and assist with probating the estate you’re involved with.
The Estate Probate Process in a Nutshell
The estate probate process in BC varies in complexity and duration. Every estate is different; however, we’re experienced at probating even the most complex estates.
The process in the nutshell starts with meeting the executor and reviewing the Last Will and Testament of the deceased.
From that point forward, our team gets involved in probating the estate as efficiently as possible.
The probate lawyer and their team will:
- Locate and contact all heirs.
- Contact all financial institutions with whom the deceased has accounts and dealings.
- Perform a full accounting of the estate.
- Ensure all creditors claims are fulfilled.
- Finalize any outstanding tax matters. Sometimes we engage the assistance of Chartered Accountants for this process.
- Prepare and file all necessary Court and government documents.
- Finalize the estate by distributing the remaining assets to the appointed heirs as set out in the Last Will and Testament of the deceased.
Please note that the above process is essentially what’s involved with a probate. However, there may be additional steps required depending on the estate.
We’ve been BC probate lawyers for more than 30 years
More than 30 years ago we started our firm and since that time have helped thousands of clients with their BC probate needs.
How do you get started with your probate matter?
We make it simple and easy. Simply call us to schedule a meeting with one of our estate probate lawyers. We will meet with you at any of our offices that is most convenient for you (Langley, Abbotsford, Surrey, Aldergrove, and Maple Ridge).
When you meet with one of our BC probate lawyer in our firm, they’ll explain to you what’s involved. We will likely have some questions, but the beginning stage is review the Last Will and Testament. It’s also helpful for us to get an idea about the nature and extent of the estate. When you hire us, we then step in and process the probate and efficiently and economically as possible.