Scott brings more than 10 years of experience as a solicitor to Campbell, Burton & McMullan LLP after practicing with a downtown Vancouver business law firm. Scott advises clients on corporate/commercial, commercial real estate, residential purchase and sale, mortgages, leases, wills and estates, and liquor licensing matters.
Scott’s experience includes the following:
Commercial Real Estate Development
- Counsel for the developer in respect of the complex purchase and land assembly, purchase and construction financing, consolidation, subdivision, negotiation of site development control and subdivision servicing agreements with the Resort Municipality of Whistler.
- Counsel for the developer in the stratification, disclosure statements, marketing, and sale to purchasers of a 23 bare land strata lot lakefront development known as “Lakecrest” at Alta Lake, Whistler, British Columbia.
- Acted as counsel in respect of the $45 million acquisition and purchase financing of “Whistler’s Marketplace”, a 70,000 square foot retail mall consisting of 36 strata titles in Whistler, British Columbia.
- Acted as counsel in the $16 million acquisition and purchase financing of the 79,000 square foot “Valley Centre” shopping centre in Langley, British Columbia.
- Comprehensive legal work and experience acting for both purchasers and vendors in the purchase and sale of assets and shares.
- Advising on the formation, structuring, and restructuring of various business associations and incorporations, and partnerships, including corporate reorganizations.
Family & Community:
Scott and his wife, Tamara, are the proud parents of Henry, a black Labrador Retriever.
Director of the Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce (2011 – 2012).
Scott has been a principal actor in the Carousel Theatre/Touchstone Theatre/Arts Club Theatre productions of nine Lawyer Shows, including roles as Pseudolus in A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum and Mortimer Brewster in Arsenic and Old Lace, all performed at the Stanley Theatre and the Waterfront Theatre to raise funds for local charities.
- LL.B. 2000 – University of British Columbia
- B.A. (Honours Political Science – 3rd year) – University of British Columbia
Year of Call:
Called to the Bar in British Columbia, 2001